Waz-up’ this weekend will be a nutshell of Ottawa Football games going on the July 6 weekend. In fact, we will cover camps and clinics going around the Ottawa-Gatineau/Kingston area as well, and we will do our best to keep amateur football fans informed on where the games are going to be held and at what time. If we’ve missed your game or event, please shoot us an email and we’ll do our best to include it in our weekly recap.
Football Games – Weekend of July 6th
Let’s start off with the OVFL football games going on this weekend in the Ottawa-Gatineau/Kingston area.
– The Myers Riders will be hosting 3 football games this Saturday, July 6th at the Minto Sports complex, as the Toronto Thunder will be the visiting team. The Bantam game starts at 12:00 noon, the Junior Varsity team kicks off at 2:30pm, while the 5-0 Myers Senior team will cap the triple header at 5:30pm.
– In the east side of town, the Cumberland Panthers will be hosting the Pickering Dolphins at Millennium Field. The Bantam Panthers will get the show going at 12:00 noon. What might be the football game of the week in the JV division; you have the battle of the undefeated. The 5-0 JV Panthers will have their hands full vs. the 5-0 Dolphins; this game is a 2:30 start. Finally, the Senior Panthers will complete the triple header day by facing the Ajax-Pickering Dolphins at 5:30pm.
– If you’re around the Kingston area, the Kingston Grenadiers will be hosting a triple header event as well. In fact, they will face the Metro Toronto Wildcats at every level; with the Bantams starting things off at 11:00am, the JV’s at 1pm and the 5-0 Senior Kingston team will face a Varsity Wildcats team who are coming off a 36-0 win over New Market at 4pm. Catch all the Football Games at the L.C.V.I. Field this Saturday, July 6th 2013.
Camps, Clinics, or 7on7 Events:
– NCAFA will be hosting its 1st Annual 7on7 Passing Tournament Football Games powered by King Football and Capital QB’s on July 27th at St. Joes High School and there will be two divisions of 8 teams. There will be a U20 division and an U17 Division. Basically, it’s a Bantam and Midget division! If you’re interested in entering a team, please contact me Ron Raymond at Ronraymond@rogers.com or check out the site at ncafa.ca
– For campers, Ottawa U will be hosting a Gee-Gees football camp for players aged 10 to 17 years old during the week of July 15th to 19th. For further details, please go to Geegees.ca
Well, that’s what’s the football games going on this weekend of July 6th in the Nation’s Capital and this has been your Waz-up’ report brought to you by Capital QB’s.
– About the author: Coach Ron Raymond is the Midget Head Coach of the Orleans Bengals Football Club.
– Furthermore, if you have a game or camp you would like us to promote, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get in touch with you with further details.